Through all that we do we aim to:
- Ensure that every child is known, treated as an individual and has the best possible chance to succeed and achieve
- Make learning exciting, enjoyable, relevant and appropriately challenging to build upon what learners already know
- Plan learning experiences that promote self-esteem, independence, perseverance, self-discipline and a lifelong love of learning
- Ensure children feel safe and secure within a caring environment based on mutual respect where everyone is valued and is able to maximise their individual potential
- Ensure all children are involved as partners in their learning and develop the necessary skills to make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community; developing an awareness of economic well-being
- Ensure every child is given spiritual and moral guidance and the opportunity to make informed healthy life choices
- Make parents, guardians and carers and the community aware of the roles they play in children’s learning and actively welcome their involvement in the life of the school
- Be welcoming, supportive and approachable to all
Our creative, connected curriculum at Cordwalles Junior School is based on the National Curriculum, with the following amongst its aims:
Interconnected knowledge and skills for lifelong learning - linking learning across the subjects, breaking down barriers and developing common sets of learning skills.
Knowing, showing and celebrating success - helping learners recognise the progress they are making through on-going review and reflections. Collating the broad range of evidence and measures of success.
Creating memorable learning experiences - planned and sudden learning experiences within and beyond the classroom.
At the heart of this are our pupils, who are:
Successful learners - who enjoy learning, making progress and achieving
Confident individuals - who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
Responsible citizens - who make a positive contribution to society
This is achievable through personalising our curriculum to reflect the uniqueness of our school, and our community.
All subject progression skills reports below: